What Is Sculptra® Aesthetic?
Address an underlying cause of facial aging, not just the symptoms
It’s used to correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds
Sculptra Aesthetic is an FDA-approved injectable that helps gradually replace lost collagen — an underlying cause of facial aging —
for results that can last more than two years.*
Sculptra® Aesthetic helps correct
- Shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds, including the nasolabial folds,
- marionette lines, pre-auricular wrinkles (the vertical wrinkles in front of the ears)
- radial cheek folds (vertical wrinkles on the lower cheek) and chin wrinkles
WHAT IS COLLAGEN’S ROLE IN AGING?
As we age, we lose collagen, which acts as the skin’s support structure, and helps maintain its shape. In fact, 70% of our skin is composed of collagen, and collagen loss causes the skin to lose its elasticity and moisture.
Sculptra® Aesthetic helps treat the underlying cause of facial aging — the loss of collagen. In doing so, it subtly and gradually adds volume that lifts the soft tissues and plumps skin from within.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Restores Facial Volume and Provides Support to the skin to improve the look of smile lines (called nasolabial folds), marionette lines, pre-auricular wrinkles (the vertical wrinkles in front of the ears), radial cheek folds (vertical wrinkles on the lower cheek) and chin wrinkles.
- Provides Gradual and Natural–Looking Results that become visible over a period of a few months
- Long-Lasting—Lasts more than two years
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Once injected Sculptra® Aesthetic begins working with your body deep within the dermis layer of skin to help stimulate your skin’s own natural collagen production over time, helping to reinforce skin’s inner structure and increase facial volume that has been lost due to aging.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS WILL I NEED?
On average, a series of three treatment sessions over the course of a few months may be needed. The number of injections at each session will vary, depending on the degree of correction needed and the treatment plan determined by you and your specialist.
WHAT IS SCULPTRA® AESTHETIC MADE OF?
Sculptra® Aesthetic is made from poly-L-lactic acid (PLLA), a biodegradable substance that has been proven safe and has been used in medical products, including dissolvable sutures, for more than 30 years.
For more information about the Sculptra® treatment or to schedule a complimentary consultation, please call us at our La Quinta office 760.396.9353 or Rancho Mirage office 760.674.5700