What is Perlane Filler?
Perlane® is an injectable cosmetic dermal filler that has been used to soften wrinkles and facial folds of patients across the world. It is also a popular filler
for lip augmentation, facial depressions, and facial scarring
What Areas of the Face Can Be Treated with Perlane®?
The hyaluronic acid in Perlane® can be used to improve the contour of facial skin and to reduce wrinkles, folds, scars, and other facial skin depressions.
Common uses for Perlane® filler include:
• Wrinkle correction
• Diminishing worry lines, smile lines, crow's feet, marionette lines at corners
of the mouth, and smoker's lines
• Lip enhancement
• Reducing the severity of nasolabial folds
• Chin augmentation
• Filling cheek depressions
• Redefining lip border
• Softening acne scars
Other common uses for Perlane® filler include:
• Filling hollows under the eyes
• Creating a temporary eyebrow lift
• Correcting facial depressions caused by fat loss
• Softening the appearance of jowls
Restylane® vs. Perlane® Filler
Perlane® is primarily the same product as Restylane®, but Perlane® filler contains a larger concentration of hyaluronic acid. Because of this higher concentration of hyaluronic acid, Perlane® is usually used for larger folds, while Restylane® is better suited for smaller wrinkles or to maintain the results of a previous Perlane® injection.
Because of the differing levels of hyaluronic acid, Restylane® is less expensive than Perlane® filler.